At ATA the health and safety of our students & staff is our NUMBER ONE priority. To ensure this, we will be implementing new policies in accordance with state and local guidelines.
The guidelines below are based on current information and are all subject to change. Updated Wednesday, September 8th.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH CDC GUIDELINES & RECOMMENDATIONS EVERYONE WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS. Our staff will wear masks during instruction. All staff members are fully vaccinated.
It is up to the student & parents discretion if students would like to remove their masks for the performances.
We want to assure all our families that the magic that takes place within ATA will still be there even with updated procedures and precautions. Our staff has undergone extra training to ensure the highest quality of service for our students.
Updated Procedures & Policies
ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL:
- We are limiting the number of people allowed in the building at all times. All students will be dropped off at the front door and brought to their cubby by a staff member.
- Students will be limited to one cubby. Students should only bring coats, water bottle, lunch & change of shoes. ALL OTHER ITEMS SHOULD STAY HOME. Students must bring all items home to be sanitized each evening.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be in the front lobby for students to wash their hands before they enter the rest of the group.
- Parents/Guardians who wish to walk to the door for dismissal will wait to the LEFT of our front door. Students will be brought to the front door and dismissed directly from there.
- No students will be dismissed to parents pulled up to the fire lane in front of our door.
- Anyone who arrives at our building throughout the day for any reason will be asked to call our number so a staff member can meet them outside to limit people entering/exiting.
- Drop off procedures begin 5-10 minutes prior to each class. Students will not be allowed in the building early or allowed to stay late.
- Frequent hand washing & hand sanitizing will be required of all students & staff.
- A rigorous cleaning schedule will be implemented between each group entering/exiting a room. All staff will be trained on proper cleaning procedures. The entire space will be cleaned and sanitized at the end of each day.
- All props, small chairs & stools have been removed from the space to limit the amount of items being touched by students.
- All students must supply their own water bottle that is CLEARLY LABELED. Water fountains will only be used to refill water bottles.
- Bathrooms will be limited to one student/staff member at a time.
- Touchless soap dispensers have been installed in both bathrooms.
- All door handles, pianos and music equipment will be touched by staff only. All craft supplies will be thoroughly cleaned after each use. All scripts will only be touched by the student and left in their individual cubby when not in use.
- There will be NO lost & found. Please clearly label all items. Items that are labeled will be placed in the students cubby. Staff members will assist in ensuring all students take all their belongings at the end of their session.
- The studios, hallway, stage & theatre will all be clearly marked to show social distancing. Students will be instructed by staff members to follow these markings.
- Casts & groups will be smaller this year to allow for proper social distancing.
- All blocking & choreography will be adapted to allow for social distancing on and off the stage. This social distancing will be taught just like everything else in class.
- In the event a student becomes injured during the day, a staff member will wear gloves to clean and bandage any cut or scrap.
- If the student requires an ice pack. All ice packs will be one use only and disposed of immediately after.
Final show procedures:
- Families who live together, will be placed next to each other.
- All shows will be between 60-75 minutes and bathrooms are for emergencies ONLY. Bathrooms will be cleaned after each use by a staff member.
- Loitering in the lobby and all concession sales will be put on hold at this time.
- At the conclusion of each performance, families will be asked to remain in their seats. Students will exit from the backstage area one by one and families will exit with their students.
- For everyone’s safety, we cannot allow anyone to wait in the hallway or lobby after the performance.
- Costumes & sets will be simplified to eliminate contact among students. No make-up or hair items will be shared by or put on by anyone but the student.
- Show times will be spaced out to allow enough time for our staff to completely sanitize the entire space in between each event. Families/students will not be admitted until all cleaning is completed.
*Our staff will follow very strict guidelines for health & wellness. All staff members will be trained and provided with adequate materials to assist in their preparation.