Winners of the 2016 New York Theatre Guide Reader’s Choice Awards “Best Theatre Program for Young Artist’s”, Academy of Theatre Arts and the ATA Theatre is the only FULL TIME YEAR ROUND theatre venue in Western New York created and designed solely for the development and training of children and young adults in the genres of acting, vocal performance and musical theatre dance. Dedicated to enriching young lives dramatically, ATA provides an extensive year-long program for anyone between the ages of 3 and 18 who has an interest and passion for theatre arts.
Not only does Academy of Theatre Arts excel in theatrical training, but with a generation now losing those communication skills needed to succeed in life, ATA uses theatre as a platform to teach and promote excellence in public speaking, self esteem, confidence and personal skills. At Academy of Theatre Arts we use current events and real problems our students face to inform our lesson plans. We teach students about the parallels that exist between theatre and reality and how our students can use these skills throughout their entire lives.
Check out all the extra venues our ATA students were involved in during the 2015-2016 Season:
- Young Performers of America conference and adjudication in New York City and The ATA Theatre.
- (2016 Outstanding Achievement in Theatre Award: AEE Theatre Company-Perfect Score!)
- (2016 Outstanding Achievement in Theatre Award: Academy Performance Group)
- Audition Intensive workshop for College preparation in New York City
- Dance and Acting Intensive workshops with Award Winning Broadway powerhouses Priscilla Lopez, Mandy Gonzalez, Robin De Jesus, Daisy Hobbs, Dell Howlett, & Darrell Grand Moultrie!
- Private musical theatre college audition program for students who are pursuing a higher education in Theatre Arts
- Theatre Ambassadors for the Broadway Junior Celebration at Shea’s Performing Arts Center
- Holiday season performances in the Village of Williamsville
- 2nd Annual Bros Against Breast Cancer, performance fundraiser for Breast Cancer Research Foundation